Our story begins with a man called Charles Taylor. Back in 1886, he began his business, C. E. Taylor and Sons, supplying the Yorkshire region with exceptional tea and coffee. He understood that making a proper cup of tea or coffee meant thinking about every aspect of the process, including the water.
A few years later Charles opened a number of ‘Kiosk’ tea and coffee shops. These were busy, bustling cafes which included tasting rooms where local guest‐house owners could come to taste and choose blends suited to their local water.